.

recorders for eyes

Thursday

The Midnight Sun . Strange dark days

Last night in my sleep .. My dad came to visit me .
He asked how I was doing and how I'm holding up .
I tried to explain to him .. How this is the world we now live in .
My words came out incoherent and in several different languages ..
 It was not making any sense .
We sat and I just looked at him ..
Hoping he could read my expression ..
I leaned in and told him in a whisper ..
' The world is upside down . 
The world is strange and dark .
You should not be here .'

Today is a good day to watch the Twilight Zone Marathon ..
While half the people are out .. Half the people are in .

' Even at midnight , it's high noon , 
the hottest day in history .. 
And you are about to spend it ...
in the Twilight Zone .'
{The Midnight Sun by Rod Sterling .}

And watch
The Obsolete man .


It is strange and dark .. With all of the things going on ..
Dark days . Dark weeks . These last three years .
The list is long and it goes on and on .

'You can only postpone reality for so long .'
Top Scientists say .

On and on and on it goes .
Where it stops .. Nobody knows .
That old sing song saying that 
the grifter says 
while spinning his
whirla wheel .


And while the world sleeps ..  Half are hypnotized ..
The whirl wheel doesn't stop . The days don't stop .
The nights don't stop .
It spins and spins . It doesn't stop .
There seems to be no end .

It's the 4th of July .
And somewhere in the back of my mind ..
Sparklers and hot dogs . I miss you dad .
As you would say .. Stay Slow Smooth and Steady .

No comments:

Post a Comment